Upcycling jeans to make a backpack Part 2
The Finished backpack
(1) This is the back piece of the backpack which will have a secret pocket. I decided it was a bit boring so I drew a heart with chalk, outlined it with thread and (2) machine stitched the pocket in place
(3) Denim rivets were added to the top pocket corners (4) for added strength
(5) Fabric tabs were then attached to (6) square rings
*I really like using square rings for adjustable backpack straps, they look neater neater than O rings or D rings.
(7) The main pieces of the bag were then stitched together, the front, back, base, zipped top and the tabs for the straps.
(8) Next strips of fabric were made from various colored strips of upcycled denim which were (9) then made into straps
(10) Metal sliders were (11) stitched and riveted to the ends
to make the straps adjustable
( 12) Then the straps were stitched onto the bag
and riveted for extra strength
The finished backpack.